MARKET SQUARE CLOSURE - EASTBOUND LANE
Beginning Monday, April 15 and through Friday, April 19, Mountainside Excavating will be working on a water main break on the southern portion of Market Square (the eastbound lane). Miller Pipeline hit MAWSA’s 4” water main on Monday, April 8, triggering a boil water advisory. As an additional result of the water main damage, water being provided to customers via services connected to this line will need to be moved to the 10” water main in the middle of the Square.
Notifications were delivered to the residents and businesses of Market Square. The eastbound lane of Markets Square will be closed, and a detour will be posted upon approval.
Please be mindful of the work area and revised traffic pattern for your safety and the safety of our crews.
BOIL WATER ADVISORY
The boil water advisory has been LIFTED for the odd numbered, eastbound, side of Market Square. Properties from 1 through 57 Market Square no longer have to boil water prior to use.
Follow @MAWSA_PA on Twitter, or Facebook for educational information and announcements. Is there something you would like to see on our web site that is not here already? Contact us and let us know.
MAWSA is hiring! Find out more here!
GETTING ACTIVE IN YOUR WATER AND WASTEWATER SERVICE: Whenever there is an interruption in water or wastewater services, our businesses and customers suffer. Efficient, reliable, modernized, water infrastructure is essential to a strong, stable and growing economy.
If we make the necessary investments in our nation’s community water systems, we are not only protecting what we have today but we stand to gain more than $220 billion in annual economic activity and create 1.3 million new jobs. (awwa.org; wef.org)
Together, we can ensure clean, safe water is accessible to everyone in our community. Engage your Elected Officials about the importance of our water and wastewater infrastructure. For a discussion guide, click here.
APPOINTMENTS: Your safety is of our utmost concern
- If you have an "estimated reading" on your bill, we need an appointment with you
- If you receive a call from our staff, CONFIRM what it is for.
- Our employees carry proper identification, wear uniforms, and correspondingly labeled vehicles.
- Do not fall for scams. We will ALWAYS try to call you, or send a written request, prior to coming to your home.
- Check our employee page for names so that you can identify the badge being presented to you.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY
- Please use the main line for after hours emergencies.
- The prompts will guide you to the answering service.
- If you have had a prolonged issued lasting several weeks, please do not wait until after hours to contact our offices. This is reserved for emergencies.
- For emergencies during office hours, please use our office number as well.