Manheim Area Water & Sewer Authority (MAWSA) is a small water and wastewater Authority supplying approximately 3,000 water and 2,300 wastewater customers in the Manheim area. The area of service is the Borough of Manheim and portions of Penn and Rapho Townships, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. MAWSA receives and treats an average of 83,000 gallons of hauled waste and septage from various haulers and sites.
MAWSA's current customer water demand is roughly 450,000 gallons of water per day (GPD) with a permitted capacity of 1,050,000 GPD and SRBC draw capacity of 936,000 GPD.
The wastewater plant permit capacity is 2,300,000 GPD hydraulic and organic capacity, with average flows of 800,000 GPD from residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
Follow @MAWSA_PA on Twitter, or Facebook for educational information and announcements. Is there something you would like to see on our web site that is not here already? Contact us and let us know.
MAWSA is hiring! Find out more here!
GETTING ACTIVE IN YOUR WATER AND WASTEWATER SERVICE: Whenever there is an interruption in water or wastewater services, our businesses and customers suffer. Efficient, reliable, modernized, water infrastructure is essential to a strong, stable and growing economy.
If we make the necessary investments in our nation’s community water systems, we are not only protecting what we have today but we stand to gain more than $220 billion in annual economic activity and create 1.3 million new jobs. (awwa.org; wef.org)
Together, we can ensure clean, safe water is accessible to everyone in our community. Engage your Elected Officials about the importance of our water and wastewater infrastructure. For a discussion guide, click here.
APPOINTMENTS: Your safety is of our utmost concern
- If you have an "estimated reading" on your bill, we need an appointment with you
- If you receive a call from our staff, CONFIRM what it is for.
- Our employees carry proper identification, wear uniforms, and correspondingly labeled vehicles.
- Do not fall for scams. We will ALWAYS try to call you, or send a written request, prior to coming to your home.
- Check our employee page for names so that you can identify the badge being presented to you.
AFTER HOURS EMERGENCY
- Please use the main line for after hours emergencies.
- The prompts will guide you to the answering service.
- If you have had a prolonged issued lasting several weeks, please do not wait until after hours to contact our offices. This is reserved for emergencies.
- For emergencies during office hours, please use our office number as well.
anytime, anywhere for free!
Credit card payments have processing fees.
Try no cost ACH or automatic payments.
Forms and Documents